Re: LF: Links and conditions

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Links and conditions
From: "Laurence J Howell" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:25:58 -0900
Sender: <[email protected]>

You wrote - Hi Laurence,
I connected with you at abt 2330UTC and shot the attached spectrum
(SpeLab).
is that the true spectrum you get out of ur RX ? lot of lines!
Regards
Uwe/dj8wx

From Laurence - Yes Uwe  - Welcome to the sights and sounds of Alaskas'
Loran C system spillover!
You are seeing the  signals from at least (I think) 3 loran masters and
slaves. North Pacific 9990 (every 10.0 Hz or so), Gulf Of Alaska 7960
(every 6.3 Hz or so) plus a bit of Russian American 5980 (every 8.4 Hz or
so)...Yep its busy and hence why Im up at the top in a hole with not a lot
around..... luckily theyre are a lot of spaces, including Mitchs VE3OT's
beacon freq. The TS870 in its own right throws a couple of carriers out to
which Ive yet to catalogue. It gets busier during the night! 73 ' KL1X