Re: LF: Early morning tests?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Early morning tests?
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:17:51 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

Thanks to all for the T/A reports. The interesting thing is that, allthough from the DCF39 plots last night was quite good by recent standards, the signal strength was not a long way above the threshold required for copy of QRSS60, and the signals fade in and out. For example, in W1TAG's "20 Jan-4" image, the M of my callsign is visible, most of the 0 has dissapeared, and the BMU is again visible. Since this same path has previously supported signals with shorter element lengths (eg, Jason during December with it's 12 sec "dots"), it is clear that signal levels can improve substantially over last night - perhaps by 10dB or more. I would like to see what the DCF39 plot looks like then!

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU