LF: Re: Frequency Standards.....

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Frequency Standards.....
From: "Stewart Nelson" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 01:12:15 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Alan and all,

Thanks for the link.

Another fascinating read, with some awesome charts, is David Allan's
"The Science of Timekeeping", which can be downloaded (PDF, 1.13 MB) at
http://www.allanstime.com/Publications/DWA/Science_Timekeeping/

73,

Stewart KK7KA

Hi all, ever wondered what a Cesium Clock was...... or how a Rubidium
standard worked.....why do crystals "age".....  ??
It's all explained now....I found an old copy of an NBS Tutorial (dated
1977) which covers all these and many more interesting facets of Time and
Frequency standards. I have scanned it and made it available as a .PDF file
in two parts, which can be downloaded from the index page of my web site. It
even covers the 2003 "must have" the Hydrogen Maser....anyone for parts in
10^13 ??

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]
http://www.alan.melia.btinternet.co.uk