LF: RE: (Off Topic) PC mains filter for 136kHz interference

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: (Off Topic) PC mains filter for 136kHz interference
From: "Ashlock,William" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:48:16 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Have a steady tone around 136.5kHz. It is definitely from my PC, and the level was much reduced when the frame aerial was moved out into the

garden, but still I must switch off the PC when listening on certain parts of the band.

Are you sure that the interfering signal from the PC is reaching the antenna
via the power line connection? Have you tried isolating the shield of the
antenna's coax leaden from the receiver's and house's safety ground system
by installing a isolation transformer at the receiver? This is typically 25
turns to 25 turns on a #43 ferrite core.
Bill A

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the WorldCom Internet Managed
Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
http://www.worldcom.com