LF: xband qso

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: xband qso
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:23:03 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
I use a separate antennas for both LF and HF therefore when I work xband the HF station can break in anytime and let me know how the LF signal is progressing, in fact I am working Duplex.
This method avoids long transmission only to find out some hours later that the signal faded out and it needs to be repeated. This method worked FB for me last year, fortunately my signal did not fade out and I had solid copy on 7025 khz normal cw. I find 7 mhz more suitable during the late evening and night time across the pond,  solid signals, whereas 14 mhz is too variable at this time of year.
I use a 2 ele quad on 7 and 14 mhz beaming to N.America for this exercise and the vertical system on LF.
73 De Mal/G3KEV