Re: LF: Re: Measuring earth resistance

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Measuring earth resistance
From: "g6tmk" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:46:18 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Dick and All at LF,
I haven't tried using a can of worms as a ground connection, I prefer lengths of scrap copper water pipe linked together by thick copper wire :o)

But I would like to echo Gary's thanks to all those who offered an answer to the "dumb question". I spent an happy Sunday afternoon reading all the Emails and trawling the suggested web sites, and have set about building a bridge, like Dick's, to measure my own feedpoint impedance.

Most of the "conventional wisdom" on making an earth connection advocates things like watering your earth rods and making perforations in tubes and otherwise trying to wet the ground around them, but it seems like this may not be quite the whole story.

Having spent last summer trying to locate a medieval manor house using ground resistance survey techniques it comes as no surprise that things are not straight forward !

73
Hugh M0WYE