LF: Hendrix and QRSS

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Hendrix and QRSS
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 09:27:22 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
I read Jim's way of improving his QRSS reception by switching off the AGC
and turning all gains up so the audio distorted. However, my IC706 Mk1 has
the AGC on permanently (though the speed is switchable), and I take the
output from a fixed level point on the rear panel. I was trying to work out
how to drive the audio into distortion. This morning I worked out that I
should increase the input gain on my sound card to maximum and reduce the
Argo gain. This had a useful effect as the attached JPG shows - Before on
the left, After on the right.

For anyone who needs instructions, I right-clicked on the sound card icon on
my toolbar, selected Adjust Audio Properties (not Adjust Volume Controls -
these are outputs, not inputs) and in the Sound Recording area of the box,
clicked Volume, and turned the control to max. I am not sure how standard
these controls are, but I hope this helps someone. The adjustment is well
worth it.

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net

JPEG image