Re: LF: Balanced vs. Unbalanced loops

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Balanced vs. Unbalanced loops
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 10:03:04 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
To All from PA0SE

Jim, M0BMU wrote:

I also find that external effects affect the depth of null you get - in my field strength measuring experiments, I found some locations where there was almost no null - This seemed to occur near overhead wires and power lines, which were presumably acting as parasitic antennas, inducing signals in the loop.

Also beware of conductors you don't see: underground cables, pipelines etc. When I do FS measurements  I always walk around a bit at a location with my portable instrument.  When moving around makes the FS fluctuate measurements will be unreliable.  A road with lamp posts is always suspect as in our country  the lamps are fed from an underground  cable along the road.

73, Dick, PA0SE