LF: Spectran Software Versions

To: "a RSGB LF E-List" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Spectran Software Versions
From: "Thomas Giella, KN4LF" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 10:25:52 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Merry Christmas To All,
  I've been DXing LF broadcasters, aviation and marine beacons and marine
ship to shore stations for 38 years BUT I'm new on this e-list and also to
the "digital" DXing aspects of LF. I downloaded Argo V1 B131 from
http://www.qsl.net/padan/argo/ and it is compatible with the older "Analog
Devices Audio 1815" sound card in my dedicated 133 mhz radio hobby computer.
I get sound coming out of my speakers from the sound card and visual input
from the sound card to the software.
 I then downloaded Spectran Beta 3 B262 from
http://www.highnoonfilm.com/xmgr/specpak3_262.exe and it is also compatible
with my older sound card, as I get sound coming out of my speakers from the
sound card and visual input from the sound card to the software. However it
seems to be a stripped down version with no controls toolbar up top? Is
there a newer more complete version of Spectran 3 that I can download?
 I ask because when I downloaded  Spectran 4 V1 B107  from
http://www.qsl.net/padan/spectran.html it seems to be only partially
incompatible with my older sound card? When I run the sound card
compatibility utility all seems to run okay and it loads 3 pre sets but when
I start running the software I get no sound coming out of my speakers from
the sound card but am getting a visual input from the sound card to the
software. Is this normal to hear no sound when running Spectran 4 V1 B107 or
is it indeed a partial sound card incompatibility.

73,
Thomas Giella
KN4LF/NNN0HUS
Plant City, FL, USA

KN4LF Daily Solar Space Weather Geomagnetic Data Plus MF Propagation
Outlook:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm

KN4LF 160 Meter Amateur Radio Resources And More:
http://www.kn4lf.com

FL Meteorological & Climatic Institute:
http://www.kn4lf.com/sub/fmci.htm

---