Re: LF: Re: Audio problem

To: [email protected], "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Audio problem
From: "j.l.j. harte" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 20:30:38 +0100
Cc: "Gerrit Jan Huijsman" <[email protected]>, "Hans Evers" <[email protected]>
Sender: <[email protected]>
To All from PA0HRT.

May be I can offer a PC or a soundcard that is not able to cope with the Binster program.
It is a Compaq LTE5300, W98, soundcard ESS1688. (If that is not the name of the soundcard, I have revealed my very limited knowledge of PC's).

The Binster program has a nice waterfall picture so the incoming part is working and the loudspeaker gives the incoming signal, clearly without any processing. Changing the passband on Binster has no influence.
Ticking the WAVE on the Volume Control  panel has no influence on the sound from the speaker. Even without clicking any possible input the incoming sound from the receiver to the line input is heard and that does not change when WAVE is ticked. Only ticking the Suppress All box mutes the loudspeaker.

I have checked all settings of the soundcard with a SETUP for this card taken from internet and see no deviations.

Any comments are welcome, thanks in advance.

73, Jan, PA0HRT