LF: Re: G3LDO 0n 73kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: G3LDO 0n 73kHz
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 14:44:12 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Dick Rollema said:

At this moment (0840 UTC) I hear G3LDO with CQ on 73kHz: RST 359 with the
aerial system tuned to 136kHz.

Thanks for the report Dick. Although I was sending a CQ I wasn't listening
much because I had to go out at 0900. I will try to be on at 0800UTC
tomorrow morning (Sunday 3/11) and will listen at the bottom end of the
73kHz band and also the 136kHz band.

I have cleaned all the insulators. The top support insulators showed slight
damage due to salt induced arcing so I have put on a very fine coat of
silicon grease on them to see if this will help. What seems to happen is
that a salt coated insulator still works OK but arcs over if it is raining
when the transmitter is on.

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>