LF: Siemens D2006 Selective Level Meter/Pelelmesser

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Siemens D2006 Selective Level Meter/Pelelmesser
From: "Tracey Gardner" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:10:51 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Jan_Martin

I've got a similar problem with my level meters, they all seem to output
tones between 1000Hz and 1500Hz.

I'm considering using a cheap "Voice Modulator" IC the HT8950 from Holtek on
the output.
This is a simple 18 pin device designed for use in toys, but it offers the
ability to divide a tone by certain fixed ratios.
ISTR that they are 8/9, 4/5, 2/3 so that your 1000Hz could be reduced to say
666Hz with a single HT8950.
If you were to daisy chain two or more 8950's you could come up with any
number of combinations!
It also does "Robot" and "Vibrato" effects but I can't see those being much
use to us!  :-)
The 8950 is available in Maplin over here in the UK for about £2.50 and I
found the application notes on web by doing a search on Google.

73s Tracey

Does somebody know if it is possible to change the pitch?
It has 80Hz as well as 3100Hz bandwidth, but the pitch is ca
1000Hz and not too pleasant to listen to, would rather prefer 500Hz