LF: re DS2006 o/p

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: re DS2006 o/p
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:52:25 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Hugh....Ahhh well if it has an SSB demodulator included you could
presumably re adjust the local oscillator in this unit without affecting the
measuring capability of the main unit. It will probably require some caps
soldered in rather than a tweak, I suspect. You have to hope the local
oscillator is not a crystal. I believe that the demod in the SPM-12 has two
output 1kHz and 2kHz.

The output of the SPM-3 is 1.5khz and this is the "IF" with the fixed
filtering ( 100Hz BW ) which is an LC filter, and works quite well for
reception. A narrower filter would require some kind of "locked" oscillator.
As it is the unit will drift about the same order as the bandwidth (50 to
100Hz) over 12 hours or so (or mine does)

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]