LF: 73kHz Activity

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 73kHz Activity
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 22:54:19 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

John Andrews said:

Laurie,

I checked last night, and 73.401 still looks good over here. And I will
actually be home on the evening of 6-7 Nov. But I can run screen captures
if
you pick another date.

I made an attempt to have a 73/136 cross band with EA1PX without success.
Jose has seen my signals on 71.7kHz previously and I have seen his on
137.702kHz tonight but we were not able to exchange reports. We will try
again in a couple of days.
Nice signal seen from DL3FDO QRSS3 on 137.69kHz during the test

I have now replaced the computer UPS batteries with an odd selection of car
batteries. This hhas resulted in a muchh 'stiffer' supply and I can noe get
4.2amps into the antenna on 73kHz.

As the transmitter is going so well I will transmit a beacon signal on
71.7kHz from now until I go to bed.
Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>