LF: IEE HF2003 Conference

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: IEE HF2003 Conference
From: "John W Gould" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:41:38 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
A "Call for Papers" for the next IEE Conference on HF Radio Systems and
Techniques (HF2003) has recently been announced (see
http://conferences.iee.org/HF2003/).  Interestingly, the "scope" of the
Conference includes "Amateur Radio at HF" that gives us another, and perhaps
even better, opportunity to promote amateur radio following Andy Talbot's,
G4JNT, well received paper at the recent IEE conference, "Getting the Most
Out of the Radio Spectrum".

Ian Poole, G3YWX, brought this whole matter to the attention of the RSGB
during the recent HF & IOTA International Convention. After discussion as to
the best way forward the RSGB President Bob Whelan, G3PJT, asked me if I
would raise awareness and co-ordinate a response from the RSGB amateur
community in order to maximise the impact that Amateur Radio we can make at
the Conference.

Thus, I would be grateful for those who think that they might have something
to offer would have a look at the website and drop me an e-mail with their
ideas.  I am not intending to add another layer of bureaucracy to the IEE's
process, but rather provide some consistency and integration between the
amateur related experimental work that is submitted.  For those who need it,
some assistance in drafting an 'attractive' "Synopsis".

Given a normally tight programme we may only get a few papers accepted, so
we want to make sure that we can gain the maximum impact!

Regards

John Gould, G3WKL
[email protected]