Re: LF: DDH47 Test

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DDH47 Test
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 16:22:05 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

I was pleased to work RU6LA for the second time on Friday night just after 9pm. It was a solid QRSS3 contact, in spite of the fairly high noise level. Ed's signal was about s3 here, allthough he could not hear me.

Later, I re-tuned to 147.3kHz to hear the DDH47 50th anniversary broadcast, and cross-band QSOs. I had a 7MHz dipole set up, and spent ages calling them on 40m with no luck, even after the pile-up had subsided. Eventually, after much cursing in the dark and rain, I managed to re-tune my LF wire on 80m, and was able to work them straight away around 0100. Thanks to the people at DDH47 - it isn't every day you get to have a live 2-way QSO with an LF utility station!

On Saturday morning, amongst others I worked DL2HRE, Edgar, who said it was his first G contact on LF.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU