LF: Venner and chickens

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Venner and chickens
From: "jannsen" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 01:15:40 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,

today I made some earthresistence measurings using the Venner-method described by G4FGQ (see attachment).our always curios cock was arround.

connecting the 98VAC source to the outer rods the cock called the hens
in a roar never heard before. the area with the rods was immediatly crowded with chickens pecking the turf and pulling out worms en masse. in a local QSO on VHF I told the story. my fellow said that this is a well known mystery. instead of 98VAC he connects the 220VAC power line directly to the rods when collecting bait
for fishing purposes.

regards

Uwe/dj8wx

JPEG image