LF: Re: Etiquette: Off-subject

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Etiquette: Off-subject
From: "Andy talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 18:16:35 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Has anyone complained ? The first one certainly created enough interest,
even led to a few ideas for loop resonating.

You need an ordinary NPN transistor (eg. 2N2222), a 9V battery, a 1k
resistor and a voltmeter. Connect the

Instinct says the reverse biassed B-E junction is verging on breakdown -
zener action.  The B-C junction should have very low reverse leakage.  So we
should be looking at perhaps a very slight reading on a DVM with 10 Meg
input R or higher, nothing on an ancient analogue meter.

Just off to try it, bet I'll be surprised............

Andy  G4JNT