LF: Re: 73Khz Transatlantic.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 73Khz Transatlantic.
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 20:04:18 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Laurie,

I will be on tonight from about 23:00UTC
Freq 72.401 QRSS120

I will be watching. As of 1.5 hours before local sunset, the French language
station on 183 kHz is rolling in here in AM mode. Might be a good evening.

Just another thought. It would also be useful to organize some beaconing at
136 kHz on some of these promising nights. I remember evenings with at least
5 stations clustered closely to 135.922 kHz, running QRSS60 or slower. We've
got some new fellows over here who would enjoy seeing such a thing. And
there was always room for more signals on the EU end. An Argo 60 second
screen has three whole Hertz of BW!

John Andrews, W1TAG