Re: LF: Printed Spiral Inductors - off topic

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Printed Spiral Inductors - off topic
From: "Steve Thompson" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:50:15 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
On Friday 29 November 2002 11:13, you wrote:
Sorry if this is somewhat off topic, but I am looking for the design
equations for spiral inductors printed on PCB material, with or without a
groundplane.   I vaguely remember seeing some equations in one of the
freebie RF magazines a few years ago, but can't find it.  A web search has
not pointed at anything useful - yet.

I need to design some bandpass filters in the 300MHz and 600 to 800MHz
ranges and want something more repeatable than bits of silver plated wire.

Can anyone lay their hands on the design equations ?
I have 'Broadband model predicts s-parameters of spiral inductors' from Microwaves & RF, Jan 88 which I can send if you give me an address. I also have an ancient version of Touchstone that includes a spiral inductor as an element, which you are welcome to come and use.

Steve