LF: Re: thanks reply.....

To: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: thanks reply.....
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 07:31:49 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>

Alan:

The .DLL programming sounds interesting, I presume that the work on 2m is
still moving along the PSK31 route.

Heavens no, PSK31 is not a weak signal mode - PSK31 is merely an example of the .DLL which I hope and believe will be the new wave of dsp software resources. I will only use a PSK31 back channel on HF to alert me of interesting files that have been kept for further evaluation. The Internet connection will only be working during sleeping hours as an alternate use of a personal Internet connection.

 One wonders whether some of the ideas we generated on LF
might be useful....

Well a very novel idea has come forward, demodulate a continuous carrier signal with TWO demodulators, one looking for ARGO like signals and the other process identifying anything say longer than 20 Milliseconds for Meteor Burst or other short duration type of signals. This has excellent potential to identify a propagation mechanism that might be a candidate for exploration further a TransAtlantic III QSO.

Good to hear from you Alan, I watch the RSGB relfector for DSP type things. I keep my email filters ON so that I avoid some of the items however hi.

73

Larry
VA3LK