LF: Coil formers

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Coil formers
From: "mike.dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 09:46:43 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
I recently had the drain replaced behind my house. This involved much
digging and dust, and a day without being able to flush the toilet. That was
the Bad News.

The Good News was that I persuaded the workmen to hammer an earth stake into
the bottom of the large hole they dug. This has increased my antenna current
slightly, improved incoming signals and reduced local noise.

The other Good News is they gave me the offcuts of drain piping for use as
coil formers (I don't know whether they believed me!). I have about 3m of
110mm pipe, orange in colour and very strong - the wall is about 3mm thick.
I will have this with me at the HF (LF) Convention next Saturday for anyone
who wants a piece. Unless anyone requests a specific length within the next
few days(the longest piece is 2m), I will cut the pipe into convenient
lengths of about 150mm.

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net