LF: RE: Re: Re: Vacuum tubes on Motherboards...

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re: Re: Vacuum tubes on Motherboards...
From: "Andy talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:35:56 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Does the 4CX250 know that ? The screens in those can be blown as quickly as any transistor if you get an anode to screen arc-over. I've seen 24 '250 valves in a big ship transmitter blown in a single bang.

Andy  G4JNT

There is of course another advantage to the thermionic device. It is more
robust than a large number of transistors. One of my colleagues described
the power transistor as "the fastest fuse known to man".