LF: 73k (portable)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 73k (portable)
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 19:28:25 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 10/24/02 7:39:35 AM GMT Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

My NOV says /P OK if you notify local RA a few days beforehand.

Just to clarify:  /P operation is not allowed on 73k band.

But-  As John suggests If you write or fax the RIS office in the area to be visited a few days in advance, then you can change the registered main station address to that of the proposed portable location.
Then you just set up at the location......which is now registered as your official address for whatever temporary period you have specified.

No need to use /P even if you are on a cliff top somewhere, as from the RAs perspective, that cliff top is now the main station address.

When I operated from GD, the local RIS office was in Belfast. It was the Bristol office who handled the application for the 73k operation from the HF convention a couple of years back and also for the 2 Daves and a Graham trip to GU.

73 (!)

David G0MRF