Re: LF: RX3QFM on 136 kHz/ EA1PX

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RX3QFM on 136 kHz/ EA1PX
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 15:24:13 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 21:09 06/09/2002 +0000, you wrote:
Vlad just inform me that he have recived M0BMU RST 229 yesterday.
Seems it was CW (Vlad do not write me about mode).

73 de RA9MB/Alex
http://www.qsl.net/ra9mb

Dear Alex, Vlad, LF Group,

Very pleased to get a report - I didn't think it would work, but it just goes to show it's worth trying :-)

I transmitted some test signals between 2200 and 0000 utc last night - these were QRSS3 with 9wpm CW identifiers, so I guess Vlad must have heard the CW. I put up the temporary 13m mast I was using last winter, so ERP should have been close to 1W. I'll try something similar again tonight.

Also thanks to Jose, EA1PX for sending a .wav file of the same test signals The CW was also clearly readable in Spain last night, so I expect G<->EA QSOs should be quite easy for several other stations.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU