Re: LF: LF/5 MHZ

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: LF/5 MHZ
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 19:30:20 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stewart Bryant" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2002 2:11 PM

> hamilton mal wrote:
>
> There seems to be a number of LF operators using the new 5 mhz band. Is
there anyone in the USA reading this message that can
> transmit on one of the 5 mhz freqs. I have listened a couple of times
and so far heard nil from across the water. Please let me
> know. I am on frequently using CW and SSB, but have most modes
available.
> The operating standard on CW and associated procedures is of a high
standard on 5 mhz.
> 73 de Mal/G3KEV

Although the NoV does not really say anything about who we can
work (other than explicitly including military stations),
the terms of reference on the RSGB web site prohibit cross-band
working with non-NOV holders.

It is therefore not clear that we are licienced to work US
stations.
I wonder if it is also prohibited for a radio amateur or SWL without an NOV
to send me a report via EMAIL or to mention to me in another QSO sometime
later, on another band that he/she heard me ? Are all others without an NOV
not permitted to listen to radio amateurs on the 5 mhz band.
I cannot find any reference on my NOV prohibiting xband working, regardless
what the RSGB says. I will clarify the position directly with the RA and not
use third party interperations.
It appears from what this man says that if my signals or anyone else is
heard on the 5 mhz band in EU or the USA you are prohibited from telling me
on another amateur band.
What about 73 and 136 khz xband working with those without a LF NOV ? Has
this been illegal all along ?
Some questions need to be answered soon.
If you hear me and others  whispering at rallies and radio clubs you will
understand that someone is telling me/them they were heard on 5 MHZ.

73 de Mal/G3KEV

Stewart G3YSX