LF: Re: RX3QFM ERP

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RX3QFM ERP
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 06:36:24 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Alex, David and Group,

Just a thought, but isn't an antenna current of 2.75A a bit low for 0.5W ERP?

In my opinion, Vlad's ERP estimation seems not so unreasonable:

ERP=0.5W, EMRP=ERP/1.83=0.27W, Rrad=EMRP/I^2=0.036 Ohm,
h_eff=lambda*SQR(Rrad/1579Ohm)=10.5m.

Of course, effective height is affected by capacitive shunts and near-field
shielding effects, but heff=10m could certainly be achieved having a 20m high
topload.

But still, in spite of trying I haven't seen a trace of Vlad's signal here
either. Where is he located? And could you perhaps measure his frequency more
accurately relative to DBF39's carrier (138830.03 Hz)? - Besides the heavy QRN,
here in Germany the lower part of the band is somewhat affected by DCF
transmitter intermodulation, so a frequency above 137 kHz might be clearer for
us.

73 de Markus, DF6NM