LF: Re: W & G SPM-12 , PS-12 etc

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: W & G SPM-12 , PS-12 etc
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 11:52:54 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 10:45 PM
Subject: LF: W & G SPM-12 , PS-12 etc

Hi all, I now have a set of manuals for the above units (Originals from
Cooke Int.) and I would not have believed the tracking of the PS-12 was as
simple as connecting a patch between the two marked BNCs on the back
panels.
Magic !!

Now, does anyone use the WZ-6  (WobbelZender ??) and if so what exactly
does
it do? I am presuming it must provide a swept signal for the PS12 to lock
to, and time constant switching, depending on sweep speed and retrace
etc..
It seems unlikely I shall find one of these, but I might have a go a
building something to work over a limited range. I already have the Return
Loss Attachment  (RFZ-12) so I am well on the way to an LF Scalar Network
Analyser set up.

The PS-12 can be 'soft' keyed through one of the DIN conectors so it would
act as an LF transceiver !! Its a "little bit"  bigger than a '706 though
!!
you need plenty of room in the shack for that combo.

Cheers de Alan G3nyk
[email protected]

Hi Alan and all
These pegelmessers make a nice LF rx and if you have all the pieces a TX as
well, transceiver etc. If you have the SPM-12 cct could you have a look at
the phase locked loop cct. Mine has stopped locking although working on the
VFO. It is still very stable if left on continuously.
I have the Siemens D2155 and W3155 tracking osc also useful as a
transceiver, and great for LF work.
Maybe you could let us know how it compares with the normal LF receivers in
current use.
I find both of mine much more sensitive and the selectivity is excellent.
de Mal/G3KEV