Re: LF: Low Energy Light Bulbs, at me , DK 8 ND

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Low Energy Light Bulbs, at me , DK 8 ND
From: "Hans-Albrecht Haffa" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 21:14:00 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>

Dear Tracey,

Energy saving bulbs in Edison 27 Socket I am using in my flat cause some Iinterference on LW. So I have in the shack parallel an other set of common bulbs. When qrv on 136k, all energy bulbs are swiched off. Energy saving bulbs contain a self resonant converter f=30 kHz, the neon-lamp is in parallel to the resonant circuit. The resonant Voltage in theis circuit will rise till the ignition voltage of the lamp is reached. Reason for the annoying harmonics is probably the square wave chopper previous to the resonant circuit. EMC-regulations are usualy not made for lw-reception, but solely to reach a minimum of compatibility of different equipment.
73, 55
Hans-Albrecht Haffa
DK 8 ND

I bought two low energy bulbs some years ago and they turned out to be
horrendous interference generators, I threw them out as soon as I found that
out. Has anybody else has problems with low energy bulbs?

Tracey

WEB.DE MyPage - Ultimatives Kommunikationstool! Ihre Message sofort
online! Domain aenderbar! http://www.das.ist.aber.ne.lustige.sache.ms/