Re: LF: toroid cores

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: toroid cores
From: "Hans-Joachim Brandt" <[email protected]>
Date: 23 Aug 2002 18:08 GMT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Rik,

as my intention had been to design a transformerless PA, I have just two coils in the "peaked low-pass filter" (one coil with two T200-2 stacked because of higher reactive power in this part of the filter, the other coil with a single T200-2) and a transformer from the 50 ohms cable to the antenna feed impedance of about 70 Ohms This core is a FT140-43, for a transmitter output of 100 watts.
Concerning the antenna transformer, I have never had the opportunity to check the
temperature of the core, because it is located outside in a "dustbin" in the
garden, close to the variometer. I just know that the first coil with the two stacked
toroids in the low-pass filter needs additional air cooling in key down conditions for
three hours (when our administration had measured the fieldstrength around my antenna in
a campaign to test whether we Germans could also get permission for 1 watt erp).

Thank You in advance for your coordination work.

73 Ha-Jo, DJ1ZB

"Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]> schrieb:
Hello LF group,

I am trying to make a list of toroid core material that is suitable for 136kHz power applications, for impedance transformers and low-pass filters. I would appreciate any information about the material (brand-type), the application (transformer or filter) and the power level it was used/tested.

many thanks in advance,

73, Rik   ON7YD