Re: LF: WWVB

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WWVB
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:04:57 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 19:43 10/07/2002 -0400, you wrote:
My question is this: especially for those of you who, like me, are at some distance from Colorado (roughly 2800 km), how well do you hear WWVB on 60 kHz, and what sort of antenna are you using to receive it? It's rather weak here in FN20WW, rather comparable to BBC Droitwich (about 5500 km, but mostly over water) which puts out far more power.

Tnx & 73,

Ray, W2RS
Dear Ray,

In the UK we have MSF, also on 60kHz, which is a big signal here (several millivolts/metre) - so I am unlikely to ever hear WWVB at my QTH! RX antennas are a variety of tuned wires and loops, usually whatever is giving the lowest level of mains-bourne noise at that particular frequency and time.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU