LF: Re: Droitwich Carrier

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Droitwich Carrier
From: "Dave Pick" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:34:59 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Chaps.

Modern broadcast transmitters can be set to reduce the carrier when there is
no mod, to save power, or raise the carrier to preserve a silent background
in the face of interference.
As for compression, the BBC have used Optimod for years as much as 16dB on
AM, who told you they didn't?
Just for the record the BBC don't operate these transmitters anymore, it's
Crown Castle who do. Anyone out there in Crown Castle who can tell us how
Droitwich is set up? (or is it just bust...?)

Cheers
Dave
G3YXM.