LF: GQ Prefix

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: GQ Prefix
From: "mike.dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 12:08:00 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Some stations have appeared on the band this weekend using the prefx GQ.
This prefix, as well as 2Q and MQ, may be used by British stations during
June to celebrate the Golden Jubilee (50 years) of Queen Elizabeth II.

English stations will add a Q to make GQ, MQ or 2Q.

UK stations not in England will replace their regional identifier by a Q.
For instance Scottish stations who normally use GM, MM or 2M, will change
the M to Q, to make GQ, MQ or 2Q.

It is therefore not possible to tell whether someone using GQ, MQ or 2Q is
in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, the Isle of Man. Jersey or
Guernsey.

Confused? I am. I keep forgetting to add the Q.

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net