LF: Re: Mains QRM blanker by PA0LQ

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Mains QRM blanker by PA0LQ
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 08:40:03 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

The noise canceller which Steve GW4ALG designed is derived from Harry PA0LQ's
version
with ideas from other sources - this can be found in the RSGB Low Frequency
Experimenter's Handbook and on Steve's site
(http://www.alg.demon.co.uk/radio/136/intro.htm).
Steve's unit does exactly the same as Harry's - picks up the offending mains
interference with a seperate small antenna and nulls it from the wanted signals.

Note that some of the junk mail which has come via this reflector in recent
days (the
largest source of my junk mail at the moment) was of the kind we would prefer
not to
see.  Has anything done yet in changing the subscribe policy as discussed
previously?.

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
[email protected]