LF: Loops

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Loops
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 09:40:29 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Since installing my 90 metre perimiter vertical loop some months ago and resonating it on 136 khz, I have observed that it is just as prone to QRN/static as the vertical. In my case there is no advantage using the loop as far as noise is concerned. Being located out in the country I do not suffer from any local environmental noise only the usual summer time static and this is just as bad whether I use the vertical or loop. The loop is vertical and used so far only for RX on LF, direction E/W.
It will be interesting to compare signals from the USA between the Loop and the Vertical.
Using the loop to receive the recent Russian activity worked very well, with signals solid at all times day and night, both aural and visual S6 to S9 and over.

Symetrical loop 90 metres perimiter hanging vertically, parallel resonated for 137 khz RX only

Vertical antenna used for TX and RX.

73 De Mal/G3KEV