LF: litz again

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: litz again
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 20:42:16 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
The method that I previously described to remove the enamal from litz wire using Methylene Dichlorine found in paint stripper works every time for me on the heavy Decca 729 strand litz wire.
With care every strand can be cleaned, then soldered using the normal multicore fluxed solder.
So far no failures, no fires.
I have heard from a number of others using this method and all seem more than satisfied and the best method having tried all other alternatives.
Maybe a chemist in our midst could suggest a better method using strong acid or alkaline solutions without disolving the cable ends.
Beware of dangerous fumes.

73 de Mal/G3KEV