LF: Circuit for LF and not only, beacon.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Circuit for LF and not only, beacon.
From: "Giulio Scaroni" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:24:15 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello to all the Lowfers,

i am a little off air for job problem, so hope to be soon in air on 136.
Well here in Italy, with Associazione Radioamatori Italiani, the ARI, we are planning to put in air a beacon in LF for improve activity in Italy and Mediterranean country.
So the beacon will trasmitt in aural CW at about 10 wpm, then in qrss3 with 3 different power level, 0 dB, -10 db, -20, -30 db, may be that also dfcw will be implemented.
The frequency will be around 135.7 - 135.8 Khz, and the stability of the sistem will be provided by a rubidium atomic source.
So we think that a beacon like this may be received from station that not work in qrss for first receiving experiments in LF, and for station that work in qrss this will help to improve the receiving station, with the 3 different power level.
Hope also to capture some interest with OM in former YU country, and also south Italy and IT9 -IS0.
This will be also good for check the frequency drift of receiving sistem, like is loocked to a rubidium source.
So this is only an idea now, but we are working around, the CW source, made with a programmable PIC, is at this web address,

73 to all de Giulio IK2DED.