LF: Weekend

To: "rsgb rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Weekend
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 17:24:31 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
There was a lot of QRS acty this weekend on 137.7 khz. All of the
stations active from around EU and Russia were perfect aural copy with
me. This acty went on all day long, but to no avail, no QSO'S took place
while I was listening and watching. As far as I am concerned QRS is only
necessary if NORMAL CW fails. All of the stations I have worked before
except RU6LWZ and this station peaked at 599 in the evening. Normal CW
was more appropriate on this occassion and if a QSO had taken place it
would only require a few minutes at the most and not take all day.
A QRS QSO takes up less bandwidth but if you consider the time to make a
QSO, in reality a normal CW QSO requires less time and consequently less
band occupancy.
As it happens QRS did not work this weekend and normal CW probably would
have succeeded
and not cluttered up the band. I needed attenuation on the RX most of
the time the signals were so strong.
I only use QRS when others listening for me do not have facilities to
copy normal CW for various reasons.
73 de Mal/G3KEV