Re: LF: Re: Re Jason .WAV files

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re Jason .WAV files
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:35:41 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 12:23 23/04/2002 +0200, you wrote:

Unless there is strong QRM on an adjacent frequency, please use
a wide (SSB) filter, and put the desired signal near the center
of the IF passband.  This makes it easier for impulse noise
rejection algorithms.

Thanks,

Stewart
Dear Stewart, LF Group,

Using the usual "data" frequency around 137.5, the problem is the very strong DCF39 signal on 138.83kHz. It is possible to receive in an SSB bandwidth at my QTH, provided there are no local stations operating, but I would have to have the filter bandwidth centered on about 136.5kHz. Alternatively, I could use a 1kHz bandwidth filter. Another possibility would be to use the "transatlantic" slot around 135.9kHz, but in this case, the problem would be the Datatrack beacons off the lower band edge.

Do you have a preference for a particular sample rate? How long a recording do you need? I can E mail a few megabytes without too much trouble, but if you need longer I will have to get the data burned onto a CD and mail it to you.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU