Re: LF: Jason recording session

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Jason recording session
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:12:41 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Wolf, Markus, Stewart, LF group,

Thanks for last night's Jason tests - conditions here were rather quiet, with the result that I was getting reasonable copy from DF6NM at the 1W level - at 0.1W, a trace was faintly visible on the waterfall, but no copy. At higher power levels, I had good copy from both stations, both in Jason and CW modes I have forwarded some of the data to KK7KA, hopefully the internet won't choke on it! I had to use 2 PCs, one for Jason and one to record the signal.

I have not used my Jason TX hardware for a little while, but it seems to be still OK, so I will hopefully be able to put out a Jason signal this evening from about 1730utc onwards. 137.30kHz seems like a good frequency. What I will try to do is to start off with about 100W for about 20 minutes, then listen for 10 minutes, then reduce power by 5dB to about 30W for another 20 minute period, and keep reducing power by 5dB every 30 minutes to 0.3W, which should take about 3 hours altogether - unless someone has better suggestions? It will take a few minutes to change PSU settings/check the output power on a scope.

Hope to see you later,

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU