Re: LF: New interference source?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: New interference source?
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 19:33:10 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 15:49 06/03/2002 +0000, you wrote:
Hi all, I have a new 'sound' appearing on the band recently.....
I had something like that once - it turned out to be coming from a computer
printer that had a flashing tell-tale LED when in standby mode - it was
obvious the noise and the flashing were synchronised, and it went away when
the printer was unplugged. I once did some EMC measurements on PC SMPSUs
which generated more noise when they were on standby than when running at
full power - so it is worth looking for that kind of thing.
Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU