Re: LF: RE: Re. Loops

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Re. Loops
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 19:51:58 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

[email protected] wrote:

W. Ashlock writes:
<< ...anything is possible (including nailing the neighbors; so be careful!).

But Bill--that's half the fun of using the archery method!  (grin)

You know, we could be in for a big bow-and-arrow versus catapult controversy
here.

How about a cross bow, that might be even better. The cannon seems more popular
in West Virginia. It depends where you live and what you can get hold of to
launch a rope over these high trees. Good catapults are hard to get these days,
especially good flexible elastic or rubber. Most synthetic rubber substances
these days do not have the elasticity. Years ago old bicycle inner tubes made
good catapults but modern tubes only stretch a couple of inches.
Does anyone have any ideas of a source of good elastic etc.
With the bow I suppose the arrow is the secret, it needs a good heavy tip to
carry it over the trees.
G3KEV

It would be like having to choose whether one is on the side of Robin Hood or
the Sheriff of Nottingham.

73,
John KD4IDY