LF: Re: Infos obout lf qrp

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Infos obout lf qrp
From: "John Rabson" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 11:05:32 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Walter,

I want to start with a Converter for rx.

I have a home made modified NorCal 40A for the 40m band. Is it possible to
made
a converter for 136khz to 7,0 Mhz?

For example my IC 706 are "free", when I receive with PC the lf frequenz,
or
second example, the NorCal is free, when I receive with the IC 706 on 7,0
Mhz.
1) You might try www.sounds-good.co.uk/datong and get the circuit of the
Datong convertor as a starting point from which to produce a version for 7
MHz output.

2) Costas Krallis SV1XV ([email protected]) has a home built VLF converter of
similar design. It uses
a S042P with a 4 MHz crystal and a 4 MHz tuned circuit at the
output. The input goes through a lowpass filter, with a cut-off
frequency near 130 kHz.

3) RSGB LF Experimenter's Handbook is worth looking at.

73 de
John Rabson G3PAI