LF: RE: R: Loop Conductors and proximity effect Rdc Rac

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: R: Loop Conductors and proximity effect Rdc Rac
From: "Ashlock,William" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:28:38 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Cesare,

Thank you for your timely proximity equation! I calculate the spacing
required to keep the proximity loss at 10% for two #12 ga (2.0 mm) copper
conductors to be 0.5 inches. The spacing required for #12 Litz wire would be
almost 0 because the sq root terms at the right side, based on Rrf/Rdc
(mostly skin effect), would be close to 0.
Would appreciate a check of my math from anyone.

Bill A