RE: LF: Ground loss (fwd)

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Ground loss (fwd)
From: "Alexander S. Yurkov" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 21:01:18 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi John and group!

Thanks a lot for your coments. It is a very interesting subject for me
because I am not a HAM only but a physicist also.  I have do some
theoretical investigation of power absorption by ground when there is
horisontal wire upon the ground. And I have find that the ground losses
is about the same then losses in coper! Pointly ground loss and coper loss
are the same when wire diameter is 7 millimeters. If wire diameter  is
less then 7 mm the coper losses is main! I was very suprised because I
know that ground losses is 30 - 100 Ohm... I thought that the reason is
the simlification of my theoretical model. It may be so, but now I
undestand then it is not the only reason.
 It should be very interesting to carry out a "pure" experiment when no
enviroment losses is present. I do not know when I can do that. But I hope
to do that this summer time when being out of city.
 Now I have understand that 30 - 100 Ohm is not really ground losses but
an enviroment one! So I have a subject to think how to describe it
theoreticaly. It seems to me that any attempt to measure the ground and
enviroment losses separately (unfortunely I do not know how to do that :-(
) are wery worth...
 Now my 136 kHz TX is only 50 W out and antenna is about 15 meters up.
Unfortunely I am so far from Europe and there is no LF funs in nearly
region yet...
 Also by my own investigation I get some sucses in Q-factor calculation
of loadin coil. It is very usefull when desining a coil. Experimental
mesurement has confirm my theoretical estimation. If this is interesting
for anybody I can send some info on this matter...