Re: LF: Ampliphase

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Ampliphase
From: "Dave Pick" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:02:44 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Try www.radiocaroline.co.uk for all the info on the Ross.

The first Ampliphase I met was "T3" at Daventry which used to put out the
BBC Third programme on 647KHz. I bit elderly when I was there in the early
70's but still going strong. It was actually an experimental Marconi version
of the system with an exciting Lissajou display which needed to be kept
circular by copious twiddling.

I did see the one on the Ross Revenge on a glorious sunny day in 1984 but
don't know much about it apart from the fact that it could sound very nice
on a good day, party because of Caroline not bothering with the horrid
4.5KHz cutoff filters that the EBU compliant broadcasters used.

Caroline were interested in getting a licence for 225KHz, should be
interesting from a ship......

ding-ding

Dave
G3YXM.

The Ross last I heard was sitting in Queensborough, Sheerness, and
visitable for a fee.

        Cheers,

                Steve