LF: Re: LITZ WIRE

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: LITZ WIRE
From: "PC" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:13:51 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mal, and group

To what do you attribute the changes in tuning using the higher Q litz wire?
I mean when the wind blows?. Is it movement in the antenna wire itself? Or
is it an effect of the air/moisture,temp. change passing over the coil?

Sorry if this was already answered but I missed Rik's post. I will need to
read it tonight when I get home from work.

My question all stem from the root question of  is it possible to build a
small multiturn loop, say 3 meters on a side,
that would radiate reasonable well if it were elevated from the ground, and
out in the open with no trees.

Also if great care was taken in the design to eliminate losses.  Thus the
litz wire questions etc.

I want to persue this type of antenna within the confines of the 1 watt
limit we have here in the state

Best DX so far was with 80 milliwatts into the antenna is 120 miles using
QRSS 60
Still a good 10 db down from the legal limit.

Thank you Mal and all