Re: LF: Re: 40673

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 40673
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 12:17:02 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Ian Kyle wrote:

HI Mal,

40673 now obsolete and very hard to get. Last lot of ten I managed to get
were at the 'Dag voor de Amateur' at Apeldoorn three years ago.
However when you come across with the half-gallon of best ale you owe me for
the Decca coil I might consider letting you have a couple as a tip.

Hello Ian. Wondered where you had gone, not heard you about for some
time. I
have a Level meter SPM12 with a 10 khz IF output and I have built a
product det
for it but need the 40673 or equiv for the mixer. If you have a couple
spare I
could do with them. I have not forgotten about the BEER that I owe you
for the
coil.
I should be over around Easter time and hopefully will see you then so
settle my
debt hi
LF not too busy at present. I go on most days on 136 khz and call CQ and
manage
to work the odd one mostly on the Continent. I had a bash the other
night on
QRS, Dexter/W4DEX was able to see the signal but condx not as good as
they have
been around Dec/Jan. I had a xband QSO  with him earlier on in the year
136/7025
xband. I keep at it and so far have worked 24 countries, 3 of these
xband VE, W,
EA1
My TX is dual band and works 73 khz with the same rf output but the acty
is
virtually nil on the band so I dont bother. If you get going then I will
fire it
up for a GI qso.
Now QRU and tnx for the info about the fets. Hope you are keeping well.

73 de Mal/G3KEV/EI2AE

Ian