Re: LF: Frequency calibration

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Frequency calibration
From: "valerio" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 16:19:10 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

James Moritz wrote:

At 20:10 02/01/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>I'm trasmitting qrss 90 sec in low power on 135.921.
>Is someone in Europe is receiving, please tell me about accuracy of
>frequency calibration and stability.
>

>'73 , Valerio
Dear Valerio,

Between about 2000 and 2300, your QRG cycled up and down between about
135.921 +0.09Hz and +0.13Hz - I reckon my measurement error will be within
0.01Hz. The drift seemed to be synchronised with the symbols being
transmitted, so perhaps a thermal effect?

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU

Dear Jim,
thanks for the info, the frequency referency here is a crystal oscillator with
a home made temperature stabilization driving a DDS,  so the drift you
reported my be an interference in the temperature controll circuit during
transmission.

I'm very discouraged by results, it seems very difficult to cross the Atlantic
from my QTH.

I will try again this night with short period of more 3 dB of power.

'73 ,Valerio