LF: Re: Re: GPS Coherent PSK Transmission

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: GPS Coherent PSK Transmission
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 08:55:43 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

G3YXM wrote:
Is that Andy with a full power data transmission in the middle of the CW
area..... on a Sunday?
Someone might go off in huff if this carries on!

I wasn't going to comment, but I will.  The current bandplan may be unofficial
and a
gentleman's agreement (as surely all bandplans are) but it gives a bad
impression if
a key operator on the band blatantly ignores this like Andy has. The excuse
that it
was a convenient crystal divide frequency is pretty feeble.

I may have heard Andy's transmission on Saturday evening, but with no CW ident
it was
impossible to tell.  I thought a suitable ident was a requirement of the
licence.

Unfortunately activity on the band seems to be at an all time low.  I have
called CQ
frequently over the past week with little success, apart from a QSO with G3YXM
(thanks Dave).  I suspect most of the stations which were once active have been
driven off to other bands - I see Mal has resorted to 60 seconds key down beacon
mode.  Things are getting pretty bad.

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
[email protected]